eLife Pte. Ltd. together with its subsidiaries, related corporations, associated companies and affiliates (collectively referred to as "eLife", "we", "our" or "us") are committed to the protection of your privacy and personal data.
We take our customers' privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal data as outlined below.
You may visit eLife Platform and browse without having to provide any personal data. During your visit to the eLife Platform you remain anonymous and at no time can we identify you unless you have an account on the eLife Platform and log on with your user name and password.
If you have any comments or suggestions, we would be pleased to receive them at our address or by emailing us (and our Data Protection Officer) at email@example.com.
Purposes for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data (such as information you provide to us when you apply to be a member or in relation to the provision of any services including Services from us to you) may be collected, used and disclosed by eLife for the following purposes:
- Creating an account on the eLife Platform for you and to carry out your instructions relating to your account(s) with us or to respond to an enquiry from you or made on your behalf and to administer your account with us;
- Conducting surveys, questionnaires and/or campaigns in connection with any products and/or services of eLife and/or the merchants or service providers on the eLife Platform and delivering products, demos and/or sample products which you have ordered or we have offered to provide to you in connection with the relevant surveys, questionnaires and/or campaigns;
- Distributing email magazines which include the information of products, services, campaigns and events of eLife or the merchants or services providers on the eLife Platform;
- Requesting for participating in questionnaires and surveys in connection with any products and/or services of eLife and/or the merchants or service providers on the eLife Platform;
- Delivery of coupons e.g. gift coupons of the merchants or service providers on the eLife Platform issued by us, the relevant merchants or service providers;
- Providing services as requested, providing functionalities or information through the eLife Platform (e.g. responding to queries), and/or facilitating the customer support;
- Administering and communicating events and activities (e.g. extending and processing invitations; managing admissions; conducting visits);
- sending to you marketing, promotional materials and/or relevant product information relating to products and services of eLife and/or the merchants or service providers on the eLife Platform as well as news and updates about the eLife Platform.
- Conducting market research (e.g. performing market analysis)
- verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- auditing the downloading of data from our website, improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customise them for users and/or identify visitors on our website;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements (e.g. providing assistance to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies; performing internal audits)
In connection with the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes, we may disclose your personal data to a third party (for example to merchants or service providers on the eLife Platform or our service providers or agents or those of our participating members), or transfer within or outside of Singapore, to another entity within our stable of companies that may include overseas entities.
Payments that you make through the eLife Platform may also be processed by our agent. You must only submit to us or our agent or the eLife Platform information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes.
We will not keep your personal data where there is no longer a legal or business purpose to do so.
We use Cookie on our website to keep you logged in while you come and go between the web pages, to keep information input until you finish filling in items on the questionnaire, to show your browsing history and/or what you may be interested in and to analyze your access (for the purposes indicated the above).
We record your access log information such as your IP address only for the purpose of acknowledging your usage situation of our website. We do not identify you by those information.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Data
If you would like to view the personal data we have on you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal data records.
You can update your personal data anytime by accessing your account on the eLife Platform. If you do not have an account with us or cannot update your personal data by accessing your account on the eLife Platform, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
You play a part too
Please note that you play a part as well in protecting the security and confidentiality of your information. Some recommended good practices include:
(i) You should not share your login details or other credentials with any other person;
(ii) You should never display your account information in an area visible to others; and
(iii) Your PC or laptop should not be left unattended.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, please don't hesitate to contact us (and our Data Protection Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.